Identifying and repairing yard leaks requires help from a professional. Leaks left unchecked can cause serious damage to your lawn, plumbing systems and home.
Signs of Yard Leaks
Damaged sprinkler heads, clogged downspouts, and cracked, exposed pipes may be causing a yard leak, but they aren’t always easy to identify. If you suspect a yard leak, you may experience any of the following:
- A high water bill
- Hearing the sound of running water
- Decrease in water pressure inside the home
- Cracking and breaking of paved areas
- Standing water
- Soggy soil
Where Do Yard Leaks Come From?
Yard leaks occur when the plumbing of outside sources breaks or springs a leak. The three most common sources for yard leaks are:
- Main water line break: Main water lines deliver treated water to your home and are connected to your private water service line.
- Irrigation system break: Irrigation systems deliver water to your lawn for healthy, lush turfgrass.
If you suspect a yard leak, our irrigation team can help you to identify the affected areas of your lawn. We can then help identify this area as an irrigation leak or another source of leak. If we determine a problem with your irrigation system, we will provide you with an estimate for the repair and have it fixed within the same day.